We are dedicating the first Friday Top Five to some inspiring and fun things to keep you entertained at home.
1. Filmed in the spiritual home of British pottery, Stoke-on-Trent, this show is a pure delight, complete with different UK accents. In the spirit of the Great British Bake Off, we think you will enjoy The Great Pottery Throw Down, and you might get completely hooked. If ceramics isn't your thing, what about Blown Away? You can not miss this competitive fiery show on Netflix about glassblowing. And... of course, we can not say it enough but watching our 2020 Distinguished Educator, Craft in America is a necessity for any craft lover.
2. Stephanie Syduco, who was included in the Disrupting Craft: Renwick Invitational 2018 that ran through May 2019, has been producing protective face masks for health care workers in the San Francisco and Oakland Bay area. Many artists around the world have been making some useful (and fashionable) masks. See examples of Stephanie's work here: https://www.instagram.com/ssyjuco
3. American Craft Council presents an online series "Innovation in the Face of Adversity". The first panel, in a three-part series, took place today. To join future conversations, register on Eventbrite.
4. Garth Johnson, the Curator of Ceramics at the Everson Museum, has become our virtual Coronavirus celebrity, coming to us live on Facebook every Monday to interview ceramic artists/supporters around the country for #MugshotMonday and every Friday, he has opened his Ceramic Object Study Session class at Syracuse University to the public via Zoom. Join the class next Friday at 1pm here: https://www.everson.org/virtual-programming/classes-studio-tours
5. For all of our Glass collectors, here is a fun project for you! Tim Tate and William Warmus have invited people to post a photo of one glass piece from their collection on the 21st Century Glass Facebook Group and share why it brings you joy.
Stay safe and healthy and let us know your #craftnews with @jracraft on Instagram or by emailing us at email@example.com.